Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Cocoon"
Devore and Foil printed fabric
Stitched organza mounted in 30cm square cast acrylic sheet.
Anne Griffiths
Contemporary Textile Artist
I recently started researching textile artists because I want to  know more about the professionals in the field that I intend to enter. I love this artist's work because she finds inspiration through a process that was fascinating to me. She starts with a word, and then finds other words relate to the original word, and continues with the process until she comes up with a word that she can render using her unique artistic style. This piece in particular caught my eye because I love how she managed to create a sense of form and dimension on an essentially flat surface. 

1 comment:

  1. Maxine: These are really interesting. I am glad you are interested in textile! How is your dress coming along?

    ReplyDelete